Are you our newest Java Software Engineer?
You like a workplace where:
- Your manager cares about you and your career.
- Your coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting.
- Your compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off, depending on your location.
- Your priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Your team cares about the right things. Yeah, our office includes a mountain view, lovable office dogs, free snacks, weekly lunch and fun events to attend, but more importantly, we’ve built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Your opportunities are numerous -- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Check out some of our recent growth achievements.
- You're in a niche field, which means the market isn't saturated yet and the opportunities are rife. We're already working with some big names, but we're just getting started.
- You're providing a meaningful solution to all kinds of businesses, including Fortune 500s, governments, and more.
- Your diversity is valued. This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada, those aspiring to do so who can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that), or remote folks who have overlapping windows of time with Vancouver (within -8UTC or Pacific time).
You like to spend your time:
- Working out of our Vancouver office or Remotely as part of our Product Development team on our Website Archiving product
- Overcoming challenges by producing a solution quickly and iterating along the way
- Solving business problems quickly and to requirements, while foreseeing possible challenges or limitations and reading “between the lines” of requirements
- Contributing to, pushing back on, and compromising on requirements in a positive, collaborative way
- Collaborating with the QA team, and Customer Support team on relevant issues and projects
- Informally mentoring your teammates on how to improve and grow
Your Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years working as a Software Developer or Engineer on a mixed team of devs, QAs and Sysadmins
- Solid understanding of the entire software development process (design, development, deployment) and application lifecycle
- Built a production-quality product relying on distributed services systems that scaled over time to support more clients.
- Supported and validated your code with unit and functional tests
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, being able to identify issues in the code and effectively addressing them
- A love of educating and enabling your teammates to be effective through thorough documentation or presentations on your work
- A flexible and hands-on attitude, with a patience for context-switching
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
You’re Confident With:
- Java 8 or newer
- Asynchronous tools and frameworks
- HTTP Protocol and REST APIs
- Relational Database Technologies. E.g. MySQL
- Automation tools like Ansible, Fabric
- Monitoring, logging, tracing tools such as ELK stack, Telegraf, Prometheus, Jaeger
- XML, JSON, HTML