Are you the newest Front End Engineer at Pagefreezer?
What we do and why:
- Millions of conversations are taking place online every minute. And the content of all these conversations is often important and sensitive. Regulations demand accurate recordkeeping of all content, and companies are realizing the value of having access to complete, searchable electronic records—not only for evidence capture and litigation preparedness, but also for greater insight into how and why conversations are taking place.
- We offer solutions at every stage of the information governance lifecycle (creation, retention, management, and disposal) that archives data in real-time and gives organizations a simple and effective way to search and use it.
- Pagefreezer’s Social Media Archiving and Monitoring solution enables organizations to create and share defensible records of their social media content, quickly and easily in our dashboard, in real-time—every like, share, edit, and deletion. With added features like sentiment analysis and keyword flagging, our customers can also get insights into the conversations taking place and receive alerts when inappropriate or sensitive information is shared in their platforms, to help them promote and protect their employees, customers, brand, and business.
What’s special about us:
- Our coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting -- and they care about the right things. We’ve built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Our compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off, if you’re in Canada. Not in Canada? We’ll create a compensation package you’re excited about together.
- Our employees’ priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Our track record is strong, our market opportunity is growing, and we’re already providing solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world-- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Come join a sustainably profitable, small company and see the impact of your work.
What our Front End Engineers do:
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to bring our product roadmaps to life in order to achieve Pagefreezer’s mission to innovate user-friendly products for our customers.
- Create a standalone GUI following industry best practices around performance, usability, security, and user experience communicating with the backend through RESTful APIs that meet requirements.
- Engineer a Highly Available frontend, resilient to failure by leveraging Containerization using Docker and Docker Swarm technologies.
- Build and maintain a highly dynamic frontend that mimics the look and feel of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and more!
- Own the REST API in tandem with our backend engineers; maintain, improve, optimize, and consistently document it, using tools like Swagger, to make sure it’s always up to date.
- Automate everything -- Deployment, Monitoring, Alerting. Leverage knowledge and tools such as Ansible, Gulp, Sentry to make our lives easier while providing visibility.
- Act as a subject matter expert on our current code base and suggest strategies for long-term maintenance or migration.
- We’re currently using AngularJS and are assessing a move to Angular or similar tools.
- Collaborate closely with other internal stakeholders (like QA, and Support, for example) to ensure a stellar Customer Experience of our product end-to-end
What makes you a great fit:
- Alignment with our Core Values
- To us, this means you have 4+ years of experience building highly dynamic frontends
- Be a pro in FE-BE communication via RESTful APIs. Know advantages, limitations, and security problems so that they can be discussed with the backend team and embedded in your design. You’re also very comfortable documenting the APIs using Swagger or similar tools.
- Big fan of automation -- our entire development and deployment pipeline (for our social media product) is automated using Ansible, Stackstorm (IFTTT), and Hashicorp Consul
- Top-notch team communicator, share knowledge with peers, create tools that help Devs be more productive and utilize the tools and process we use, like Slack, Jira and GitHub, and happy to work with legacy code
- Able to work 40 hours a week and either:
- Authorized to work in Canada (anywhere in Canada works for us)
- Aspiring to work in Canada and can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that)
- Willing to work remotely as a contractor
- Can be anywhere in the world as long as you commit to overlapping 4-8 hours of time with Vancouver and can work with a team in English
Sound interesting? Time to apply!