Technical Support Engineer
Who we’re looking for:
Do you solve problems in your sleep? Are you able to make a grumpy customer a product evangelist? Do your technical abilities rival those of a dev? Then you sound like a fit for our Technical Support Engineer role! This is a full-time role as part of our well-loved Customer Support team in Gastown, making sure that any bumps or hiccups are smoothed and soothed efficiently and effectively. Our customers love our Support team, so your role is key to our success.
A day in the job entails:
- Creating out-of-the-box solutions for our top-tier customers and communicating those solutions via webconference, phone, and/or email in a clear and friendly way
- Organizing, prioritizing, and completing assigned support tickets and issues in a timely manner using automated tools wherever possible
- Documenting issues and solutions for our knowledgebase
- Developing, maintaining, and improving support tools and processes
- Collaborating with the QA team to identify, document, and solve issues needing to be escalated to the Development team
- Reporting on the availability, security, and performance of our product to management and Development
You’ll be a great match if you have:
- Impressive customer service and communication skills in person, on the phone/webconference, and in email, no matter how senior or frustrated the person on the other end may be
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills so good you can do it in your sleep
- Experience working well in Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of regex
- Comfortability with scripting in Python or Bash
- Really solid time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to write concise and accurate documentation
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to know when and how to use shortcuts
- Trustworthiness and a great sense of ownership and accountability
- Alignment with our Core Values
You’ll jump to the front of the line if you have:
- Experience with web crawler technologies
- Troubleshooting experience with XML
- Used Github for issue creation and tracking
- Database know-how for reporting and investigations
You’ll want to work with us because:
- We're in an exciting stage of growth -- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Check out some of our recent growth achievements.
PageFreezer is in a niche field, which means the market isn't saturated yet and the opportunities are rife. We're already working with some big names, but we're just getting started.
- Working at PageFreezer, you’ll get the chance to make a serious impact by helping organizations around the world. Being part of the team that provides the leading website and social media archiving solution, you’ll be assisting governments, Fortune 500s, financial services firms, and more organizations collect and preserve their online conversations to comply with regulatory laws, stay out of legal trouble, and focus on what it is they do best.
- We take care of you! We offer a competitive compensation package, extended health benefits, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, $1000 annual education budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account, and a matching Retirement Savings Plan. Our office includes a killer view, lovable office dogs, and a culture that values flexibility, real work/life balance, and trust.
This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada or those aspiring to do so who are capable of obtaining necessary work authorization. We strongly believe that a diverse team is key to making us a successful company.