Are you our newest Junior Go Software Engineer?
You like a workplace where:
- Your manager cares about you.
- Your coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting.
- Your compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off, depending on your location.
- Your priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Your team cares about the right things. Yeah, our office includes a mountain view, lovable office dogs, free snacks, weekly lunch and fun events to attend, but more importantly, we’ve built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Your opportunities are numerous -- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Check out some of our recent growth achievements.
- You're in a niche field, which means the market isn't saturated yet and the opportunities are rife. We're already working with some big names, but we're just getting started.
- You're providing a meaningful solution to all kinds of businesses, including Fortune 500s, governments, and more.
- Your diversity is valued. This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada, those aspiring to do so who can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that), or remote folks who have overlapping windows of time with Vancouver.
You like to spend your time:
- Working out of our Vancouver office as part of our Product Development department working on a new team with our Website Archiving product
- Overcoming challenges by producing a solution quickly and iterating along the way
- Collaborating with the Front End team, QA team, and Customer Support team on relevant issues and projects
- Engineering quality code to develop functional web applications that meet requirements
- Writing and maintaining documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborating with the Front End team to integrate UI elements with server-side logic via our APIs
- Creating and maintaining unit and functional test cases on your code before staging
- Assisting the Quality Assurance and Customer Support teams by identifying and fixing issues
- Prioritizing and providing updates and feedback on issues in GitHub
- Helping to create reusable code and libraries for future use
- Learning and promoting best practices in the code, with an eye open to performance issues and bottlenecks
Your Skills & Experience:
- At least a year of experience as a Software Developer or Engineer on a mixed team of devs, QAs and Sysadmins is preferrable
- Solid understanding of the entire software development process (design, development, deployment) and application lifecycle
- Experience building professional-grade products, preferably relying on scalable technologies
- Supported and validated your code with unit and functional tests
- Ability to identify issues in code and effectively addressing them
- A flexible and hands-on attitude, with patience for context-switching
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
You’re Confident With:
- GoLang and Go Tooling ecosystem
- Asynchronous tools and frameworks
- HTTP Protocol and REST APIs
- Basic Linux concepts
- Relational and/or Non-Relational Database Technologies. JSON, HTML, XML
- Docker or other containerization technology
If this sounds like you, then you're a fit! Time to apply.