Go Software Engineer
Who we’re looking for:
Are you a good problem solver? Want to build your Go skills? We’re looking for a Software Engineer with the drive to learn and improve or a bit of experience using Go to join our Product Development team.
This is a full time position as part of our Product Development team in our Gastown, Vancouver office, with a starting salary based on qualifications.
A day in the job entails:
- Writing quality code to develop reliable and efficient backend services using Go
- Participating in code and design reviews
- Identifying and upholding engineering best practices
- Writing and maintaining documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Collaborating with the Quality Assurance team and the Support team as needed to determine system problems and assist in fixes
You'll be a great match if you have:
- Professional experience in Go software development
- Balanced critical thinking and problem solving skills using rationale proof or benchmarking
- Experience with unit tests and benchmark tests
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with programming languages like C, Python, Shell script
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science
- Alignment with our Core Values
You'll jump to the front of the line if you have:
- Experience with gRPC/protobuf
- Knowledge of File System and I/O
- Distributed System Tracing (Jaeger/OpenTracing) experience
- Network stacks (TCP/IP) experience
- Distributed systems / Microservice architecture experience
- Concrete knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms in computer Science
- Web technologies (HTML5, HTTP/2, etc) experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with various databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL/Postgres
- Experience with AWS, GCE
You’ll want to work with us because:
- Working at PageFreezer, you’ll get the chance to make a serious impact by helping organizations around the world. Being part of the team that provides the leading website and social media archiving solution, you’ll be assisting governments, fortune 500s, financial services firms, and more organizations collect and preserve their online conversations to comply with regulatory laws, stay out of legal trouble, and focus on what it is they do best.
- We take care of you! We offer a competitive compensation package, extended health benefits, $1600 education budget, and a matching Retirement Savings Plan. Our office includes a killer view, lovable office dog, and a culture that values flexibility, real work/life balance, and trust.
This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada or those aspiring to do so who are capable of obtaining necessary work authorization. We strongly believe that a diverse team is key to making us a successful company.