Who we’re looking for:
If you’re an experienced PM with strategic thinking, a knack for identifying customer needs and transforming them into features, and a love of all things UX then we’re looking for you.
This is a full time position (and our first PM hire!) as part of our Product Development team in our Gastown, Vancouver office, with a starting salary based on qualifications. Priority will be placed on local applicants, but we will consider applicants for remote contractor work.
A day in the job entails:
- Discovering and specing out features to provide more value to current or potential customers through research
- Developing a vision for our product roadmap
- Acting as the Product Owner in our Scrum agile process
- Forecasting needs and trends of market areas to identify opportunities
- Connecting the Developers to the Customers by hosting customer interviews, clearly communicating requirements, and collaborating with stakeholders to create solutions that delight our customers
You’ll be a great match if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- Experience as Scrum Product Owner
- Familiarity with how apps get made and the development lifecycle in a Scrum setting
- A UI/UX background and eye for beautiful and functional design
- Solid skills using tools like: GitHub, ZenHub, Usersnap, Balsamiq, Peek, UXCam, Adobe or similar
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience creating interactive wireframes
- A knowledge or interest in accessibility design
- Ability to write concise and accurate documentation
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to know when and how to use shortcuts
- Trustworthiness, and the ability form meaningful working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative mindset that leads to solutions
- Good sense of ownership and accountability
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, Business, or Design
You’ll jump to the front of the line if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Product Management certification
- Scrum Master certification
- A passion for delighting customers
- A belief that leadership is attitude and teamwork makes the dream work
- An adaptable game plan and an ear for coaching
- A knack for doing more with less, but better than the rest
- A self-starter attitude with the discipline and commitment to meet your deadlines
- An insatiable desire to keep learning and growing
- Strong analytical thinking and time management skills
You’ll want to work with us because:
- Working at PageFreezer, you’ll be part of the team that provides the leading website and social media archiving solution, helping governments, fortune 500s, financial services firms, and more organizations collect and preserve their online conversations to comply with regulatory laws, stay out of legal trouble, and focus on what it is they do best.
- We take care of you! We offer a competitive compensation package, extended health benefits and a matching Retirement Savings Plan. Our office includes a killer view, lovable office dog, and a culture that values flexibility, real work/life balance, and trust.
This job is open to anyone authorized to work in Canada or those aspiring to do so who are capable of obtaining necessary work authorization. We strongly believe that a diverse team is key to making us a successful company.