What we do and why:
- Millions of conversations are taking place online every minute. And the content of all these conversations is often important and sensitive. Regulations demand accurate recordkeeping of all content, and companies are realizing the value of having access to complete, searchable electronic records—not only for evidence capture and litigation preparedness, but also for greater insight into how and why conversations are taking place.
- We offer solutions at every stage of the information governance lifecycle (creation, retention, management, and disposal) that archives data in real-time and gives organizations a simple and effective way to search and use it.
- Pagefreezer’s Social Media Archiving and Monitoring solution enables organizations to create and share defensible records of their social media content, quickly and easily in our dashboard, in real-time—every like, share, edit, and deletion. With added features like sentiment analysis and keyword flagging, our customers can also get insights into the conversations taking place and receive alerts when inappropriate or sensitive information is shared in their platforms, to help them promote and protect their employees, customers, brand, and business.
What’s special about us:
- Our coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting -- and they care about the right things. We’ve built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Our compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off, if you’re in Canada. Not in Canada? We’ll create a compensation package you’re excited about together.
- Our employees’ priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Our track record is strong, our market opportunity is growing, and we’re already providing solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world-- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Come join a sustainably profitable, small company and see the impact of your work.
- Engineer a functional browser extension (using best practices), integrating UI elements with the business logic developed in Chrome, maintaining server-side applications that support Chrome extension behaviours using our techstack which includes NodeJS and Docker
- Keep up with our API partners as they grow and change (Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce… those kind of API partners!)
- Set our Engineering teammates up for success by writing thorough documentation, reusable libraries, and reliable tests
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders (like Product, QA, and Support, to start) to ensure a stellar Customer Experience of our product end-to-end
What makes you a great fit:
- Alignment with our Core Values
- Ideally with 1-3 years working as a Software Developer or Engineer on a team with a production-quality business solution or with examples of Chrome Extensions you’ve built in the past
- Or 2-3 years of experience with web-scraping social media tools
- Understand REST APIs, their vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them (for example, understanding the vulnerabilities of HTTP Protocol)
- Knowledge of database technologies like MySQL and MongoDB.
- Big fan of automation -- instead leaving these tasks to the machine! Utilize tools like Ansible and CI integrations to make your life easier.
- Top-notch team communicator, share knowledge with peers, create tools that helps Devs be more productive and utilize the tools and process we use, like Slack, Jira and GitHub, and happy to work with legacy code
- Able to work 40 hours a week and either:
- Authorized to work in Canada (anywhere in Canada works for us)
- Aspiring to work in Canada and can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that)
- Willing to work remotely as a contractor
- Can be anywhere in the world as long as you commit to overlapping 4-8 hours of time with Vancouver and can work with a team in English
Sound interesting? Time to apply!