Are you the new Sales Development Manager at Pagefreezer?
What we do and why:
- Millions of conversations are taking place online every minute. And the content of all these conversations is often important and sensitive. Regulations demand accurate recordkeeping of all content, and companies are realizing the value of having access to complete, searchable electronic records—not only for evidence capture and litigation preparedness, but also for greater insight into how and why conversations are taking place.
- We offer solutions at every stage of the information governance lifecycle (creation, retention, management, and disposal) that archives data in real-time and gives organizations a simple and effective way to search and use it.
- Pagefreezer’s Archiving, Collection, and Monitoring solutions enable organizations to enforce policies and create and share defensible records of their social media, website and enterprise messaging content, quickly and easily through our intuitive dashboard, in real-time. We’ve built innovative features like sentiment analysis and keyword flagging, so our customers can also get insights into the conversations taking place and receive alerts when inappropriate or sensitive information is shared online, to help them promote and protect their employees, customers, brand, and business.
What’s special about us:
- Our coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting -- and they care about the right things. We’ve built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Our compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off, if you’re in Canada. Not in Canada? We’ll create a compensation package you’re excited about together.
- Our employees’ priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Our track record is strong, our market opportunity is growing, and we’re already providing solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world-- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Come join a sustainably profitable company and see the impact of your work.
What our SDR Manager does:
- Enable the Sales Development team to achieve and exceed their targets and quotas through motivating successful selling habits and coaching for high performance in alignment with our Values, our RevOps Playbook
- Collaborate with the Chief Revenue Officer, Marketing Director, and other internal stakeholders to create and implement a sales development strategy for our target personas and verticals across our wide product portfolio, which to us means generating lead lists and iterating scripts for example
- Create and lead the onboarding and ongoing training for our SDRs on all tools, processes, product and service changes, sales techniques, and techstack, which includes:
- HubSpot CRM
- Zoom Meeting /Phone
- Google Suite
- Prepare, analyze, share, and leverage reports on SDR team activity, quota, and pipeline, performance for transparency, accountability, decision making, and insights
- Build relationships with other departments and internal stakeholders, such as Sales, HR, Finance and the leadership team to support the mission, vision, values and goals of the whole company
- Closing deals, submitting commissions, and growing your team.
What makes you a great fit:
- Alignment with our Core Values
- Led a team of 5-10+ Sales or Business Development reps in a formal leadership role for at least a year
- Superior ability to write effective cold call and email scripts and design effective outbound sequences that convert prospects into leads
- Very comfortable using your past experience, knowledge of the market, and available tools to generate lead lists
- Strategic mindset; able to pick up on the right value propositions for buyer personas and markets quickly and intuitively
- Loves to teach growing Sales professionals how to be successful through supportive coaching, no matter the challenge
- Proactive, clear, detailed communicator
- Able to work 40 hours a week and either:
- Authorized to work in Canada and located in British Columbia
If that sounds like you, then it’s time to apply!